Life is a drama, a continuum not a monotony.. It really exposes you to tasks where you can rediscover yourself, get demoralised at times and get refuelled the other moment. It introduces you to myriad people with a variety of attitudes and behaviourial patterns.
Today I realise, when we say "he/ she was not like this, there is a lot of change in him/her", there is so much truth in these words. Our surroundings, peers force us to change in a way we do not want to. For that matter I have changed a lot from what I was and most often unwillingly. None of us want to show our evil part or become harsh on anyone unless forced to.. wait... this was what I thought until today. But even when we are good to someone, ready to help, even then do we deserve unkindness, ingratitude??!!! Why would any sane person be eager to help that person a second time?
We humans are utterly deceptive and have the tendency to build a world of falsehood all around us trying to impress every second person with sugar coated words. We often tend to build an impecable image in front of the world(most of whom are just mere aquaintances) even if that means demeaning someone who cares for you.. All that we humans understand is that "I am the best" and even forget to acknowledge the people who helped us and made sacrifices for making us the best. The irony lies in the fact we stoop down to the level of insulting them once our purpose is fulfilled.
I did not expect huge words of praises or gratitude form her, but neither did I expect(or rather deserved) to be hurt.. I feel offended, used and disgusted. Why did I volunteer to help, I feel guilty now.. It's a feeling I can't properly describe.. Am I so dumb that people can use me as and when they want!! Have I lost all my self respect!! Why should I help anyone anymore when they can't appreciate it!! Has friendship become so lowly!! Such eerie thoughts are haunting my mind.. I think I am flabbergasted or rather bruised, perhaps actually confused..
But one thing's sure, people have become smarter and smart enough to take advantage of goodness. But what they don't realise is that the goodness could become evil as well and a hurt kind heart becomes revengeful and repulsive and the kindness disappears thereafter.
You hurt me, I helped you in vain,
O dear aqauintance, I wish I can call you a friend again..
Today I realise, when we say "he/ she was not like this, there is a lot of change in him/her", there is so much truth in these words. Our surroundings, peers force us to change in a way we do not want to. For that matter I have changed a lot from what I was and most often unwillingly. None of us want to show our evil part or become harsh on anyone unless forced to.. wait... this was what I thought until today. But even when we are good to someone, ready to help, even then do we deserve unkindness, ingratitude??!!! Why would any sane person be eager to help that person a second time?
We humans are utterly deceptive and have the tendency to build a world of falsehood all around us trying to impress every second person with sugar coated words. We often tend to build an impecable image in front of the world(most of whom are just mere aquaintances) even if that means demeaning someone who cares for you.. All that we humans understand is that "I am the best" and even forget to acknowledge the people who helped us and made sacrifices for making us the best. The irony lies in the fact we stoop down to the level of insulting them once our purpose is fulfilled.
I did not expect huge words of praises or gratitude form her, but neither did I expect(or rather deserved) to be hurt.. I feel offended, used and disgusted. Why did I volunteer to help, I feel guilty now.. It's a feeling I can't properly describe.. Am I so dumb that people can use me as and when they want!! Have I lost all my self respect!! Why should I help anyone anymore when they can't appreciate it!! Has friendship become so lowly!! Such eerie thoughts are haunting my mind.. I think I am flabbergasted or rather bruised, perhaps actually confused..
But one thing's sure, people have become smarter and smart enough to take advantage of goodness. But what they don't realise is that the goodness could become evil as well and a hurt kind heart becomes revengeful and repulsive and the kindness disappears thereafter.
You hurt me, I helped you in vain,
O dear aqauintance, I wish I can call you a friend again..
No comments:
Post a Comment